Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Happy 16th Birthday!

Happy 16th birthday Stephen!
My friend's nephew is turning 16 next week and she needed me to make him a card.  Unfortunately, I don't really have any good car stamps in rubber.  All of my manly sports cars and such are digis and as you may have heard me complaining...my PC crashed and burned a few weeks ago.  Fortunately, I had worked quite a ways ahead on DT work so I only missed one post.  Also unfortunately, my new laptop isn't compatible with my 7 year old printer so I couldn't print any of those really cool sports cars for his card.  I thought these gears from Spellbinders would be cool for a teenager and I did my best to improvise.  Hope he likes it.  Heck, he's 16.  I'm sure he only cares what's inside the card anyways!
 

 
I kept a very "manly" gray/silver/black color scheme and used embossing folders to jazz up the paper. The "16" was cut from Sizzix Fun Serif dies. Inside I used some rub on stitching that reminded me of tire tracks. 

 

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: